Archives



entriesaboutwhat am i reading?blogs i love!my rating scale

Friday, July 8, 2011
Blue-Lou Aronica @ 11:09 AM


Summary:
Chris Astor is a man in his early forties who is going through the toughest stretch of his life. Becky is Chris's fourteen-year-old daughter, a girl who overcame enormous challenges to become a vibrant, vital young woman - and now faces her greatest obstacle yet. Miea is the y
oung queen of a fantasy land that Becky and Chris created when Becky was little, a fantasy land that has developed a life of its own and now finds itself in terrible, maybe fatal trouble. Together, Chris, Becky, and Miea need to uncover a secret. The secret to why their worlds have joined at this moment. The secret to their purpose. The secret to the future. It is a secret that, when discovered, will redefine imagination for all of them. Blue is a novel of trial and hope, invention and rediscovery. It might very well take you someplace you never knew existed.

My Thoughts:
My dad recommended this book for me (yeah yeah
, laugh as much as you please d: ) At first I was skeptical, but as I read through it, I really got into it! For starters, I truly enjoyed how Tamarisk and Becky's life intertwined so intricately and wonderfully. Tamarisk's unique ecology and biology was just as riveting to read about. It boggled my mind to think about the fact that in other worlds (seeing as they really did exist), the sky may not be blue.

I really enjoyed Becky's character, and her passion for Tamarisk was inspiring. This story is told from several different points of view, and whenever I got to Becky, I was ecstatic. Her interactions with Miea were moving. They could relate to each other in different ways, and I think people should have more relationships like theirs. Miea was always calm, cool and collected when under pressure, and I admired her for that. I could really relate to Chris' way of thinking at some points in the book. Polly just came off as paranoid to me, so I wasn't a fan of hers. I saw a lot of myself in Lonnie:
hilarious and absolutely boy crazy, but knows when things are serious.

Becky and Chris' relationship touched my heart. The way they interacted made me really think about how important family is in life. Aronica made a lot of valid points in this book about life, and I've r
eally been thinking about them!

Overall, I truly enjoyed this book and I would recommended it to
anyone who enjoys fantasies.

Rating: 8.5-GREAT READ :) I would surely recommend it!