Archives



entriesaboutwhat am i reading?blogs i love!my rating scale

Sunday, August 1, 2010
The Boys Next Door-Jennifer Echols @ 7:53 AM

Synopsis:

Lori lives for summertime on the lake. She spends all season wakeboarding, swimming, and hanging with her friends -- including the two hotties in the house next door. With the Vader brothers, Lori's always been one of the guys.

But while Lori and the "baby" brother, Adam, are inseparable friends, she can't deny a secret crush on Sean, the older Vader boy. This year Sean's been paying Lori a lot of attention, and not in a brotherly way.

But just as Lori decides to prove to Sean she's girlfriend material, she realizes that her role as girl friend to Adam may be even more important. And by trying so hard for the perfect summer romance, she could be going way overboard....

Review:
Description in one word: AWWWWWWW!

Oh. My. Goodness. I don't know why I waited so long to read this book! It was absolutely adorable. Jennifer Echols did a wonderful job with The Boys Next Door, and considering it's the first book I have read by her, it certainly will not be my last, and I have high expectations for her future books. The Boys Next Door tells the tale of Lori McGillicuddy, and her insane transformation from being 'one of the guys' to a total girly girl, all in a matter of two weeks. Just so she can get her secret crush, Sean, to ask her out before her sixteenth birthday, which has always been a dream of hers. But things grow complicated and, as always, things change.

I couldn't really relate to any of the characters, except for Lori. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I'm a girl and most of the characters are guys, but oh well :) All Lori wants is for the Vader boys to see her as the girl that she is. That is why she undergoes this huge change, and seeing as I'm not the girliest girl in the world, I can see why. If that makes any sense :P Sean, the middle Vader, was most certainly the player, who did not get along at all with Adam, who was the youngest, and also pretty much the complete opposite of Sean. They both struck me as the 'perfect' boy; the star of the football team, who everybody loves. They were both so loveable!

The plot, although at times was predictable, was nicely written and honest. Not very cheesy at all. There was always something going on, which is what caused me to stay up until 1:30 this morning reading; because I NEEDED to know what happened. Echols did a wonderful job with this romantic comedy; she had me laughing, crying, and even yelling 'AWWWWW!' at some point in the book. I just cannot wait to read more!

Rating: 8.5-Great book :) Most definitely recommended.