Archives



entriesaboutwhat am i reading?blogs i love!my rating scale

Thursday, August 19, 2010
Booking Through Thursday (18) @ 3:26 PM


1. Favorite childhood book?
Junie B. Jones or Harry Potter

2. What are you reading right now?

Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
none.

4. Bad book habit?
Not going to the library; buying all my books

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Nothing

6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yup.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
One.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
A little.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Looking for Alaska by John Green

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen or The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
not often.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
hmmm?

13. Can you read on the bus?
Yes

14. Favorite place to read?
In the car.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
As long as they give it back, it's cool.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
What?

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Rarely

18. Not even with text books?
Not really.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English

20. What makes you love a book?
When I can really get into the story, and when the book has me constantly on my toes.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
The greatness of it? :P

22. Favorite genre?
Teen Fiction

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Paranormal

Favorite biography?
Not sure.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
nope

26. Favorite cookbook?
N/A

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen or The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins or Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

28. Favorite reading snack?
I don't really eat when I read.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Looking for Alaska by John Green. I didn't enjoy as much as everybody said I would.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Pretty often.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I feel bad. But not too bad, because I'm being truthful.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
French

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I'm not sure.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
I don't really have any of those.

35. Favorite Poet?
N/A

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
One.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Once?

38. Favorite fictional character?
The Harry Potter trio or Katniss Everdeen

39. Favorite fictional villain?
Draco Malfoy ;)

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Some light, quick reads; Books that I haven't read before and would DEFINITELY be interested in.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
A month? Sometimes I have readers' block.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
None.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
People talking around me.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Harry Potter? or Percy Jackson.

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The only one I can think of right now is Dear John, but I didn't exactly love the book either.

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Um, like $25?

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Not very.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
I don't think I could ever stop reading a book only half finished.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
After I finish them, yes.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep them.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Specials by Scott Westerfield (Sequel to Uglies, Pretties, and Extras)

52. Name a book that made you angry.
Revealers by Amanda Marrone

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
If I didn't expect to like it, why would I read it? :P

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Looking for Alaska by John Green

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
HARRY POTTER :)